Thursday, January 5, 2012

To a new year

It's a new year.  It seems that a lot has changed in the last few weeks and I couldn't be happier.  I feel like I have grown in more than one way, and these changes have really inspired a whole new me.  I am finally completely comfortable in my own skin, and have set new goals for myself that I intend to see all the way through.  I found this secret on another blog, and it just resonated with me.  I don't feel like I have lost anything, and would rather replace losses with changes.


Below is a sketch from almost two months ago.  It is of the window in my room adjacent to my bed.  In addition to the window, I sketched a full cup and a cup half empty (could be seen as a cup half full, but to me I saw a cup half empty).  I can finally say that my cup is full to the brim.


I have also decided to post some of my paintings.  I don't consider my first painting the best work of art, but it was a good start.  I was watching a movie where the film captured the moon illuminating some trees in the middle of the night.  This movie inspired me to paint something like that.


I then decided to paint a rendition of another painting for a friend.  I think this one turned out much better.  The sky is my favorite part.  I have found that painting is very relaxing and stress-relieving.  Sharing my artwork with my family and friends and seeing their reactions makes me so ridiculously happy.



I hope to continue sketching and painting in my free time.  I have a feeling that 2012 will be full of surprises, both good and bad, and I can't wait to see what adventures lie ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment