Sunday, November 13, 2011

The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting

Well it's almost time to go home... I'll be going home in exactly a week for Thanksgiving and I can't wait.  I can't wait to see my family, friends, and the beach!  As I have already mentioned, I live near the beach.  Therefore, the following sketch is beach themed.  As well as eye themed (once again, I'm obsessed with those).  I incorporated a post-it in the shape of a star as the iris of the eye just for fun.  There is a reflection of a tunnel inside of the pupil to once again symbolize the path I have found myself on.


There is also a reflection of a fence in the eye.  This is part of the sketch because I was thinking of my family and the family portraits I had professionally taken this summer at the time.  We had our portraits taken at a local park where there was a fence similar to the one I sketched.  I miss my family more than ever.  I was able to skype with my brother and my dog, Nala, for the first time since I've been here this weekend and it made me so happy!


As the upcoming week grows closer, I feel a bit nervous about going home and seeing people I haven't seen in months.  I'm almost fearful of the unknown and what I'm in for.  But I do know it's something I have to do and want to do.  Wish me luck!


On a completely separate note, I have started to paint on top of sketching.  I have some great paintings that I can't wait to post in the near future!

2 comments:

  1. I love the imagery you put into your art, and the way you use images, and images within images, to allude to deeper feelings and memories and ideas. I can't wait to see more of your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see all of your paintings up on here. The sneak preview you showed yesterday was bloody fantastic!

    ReplyDelete