Saturday, November 5, 2011

You have to start somewhere...

This is a sketch I found in my sketch book from almost 5 years ago.  I grew up not even 5 minutes from the beach, therefore, the water has been a relatively big part of my life.  Watching the sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean is one of the most beautiful things I have seen.  The sound of the waves hitting the sand has always been soothing and calmed my nerves.  As for the eye, well... I am pretty fascinated with eyes and think they tell your entire story even when you're trying to mask your true feelings.  All of your worldly observations are made using these amazing organs so they definitely deserve some credit.  If it were up to me, I would probably change my profession and go to optometry school, become an eye doctor, and look at eyes all day everyday.


My newer sketches definitely have a more cohesive story behind them compared to this first drawing, so stay tuned!

I leave you with a picture of "my" beach from New Jersey =)


1 comment: